Led by Rev. Bobby McMillian
In keeping with St. John’s motto of a few years back, “We are The Church That Asks Hard Questions”, Bobby McMillan will facilitate a 10 week pre-Lenten study, using the book, IF THE CHURCH WERE CHRISTIAN, by Philip Gulley, Quaker Pastor/ Theologian. Participants will consider possibilities such as:
- “If the Church Were More Christian”……..
- Jesus would be a Model for Living Rather Than an Object of Worship
- Affirming Our Potential Would be More Important than Condemning our Brokenness
- Reconciliation Would be Valued Over Judgment
- Inviting Questions Would be Valued More than Supplying Answers
- Meeting Needs Would Be More Important Than Maintaining Institutions
- Peace Would be More Important than Power
Participants may want to purchase Gulley’s book, IF THE CHURCH WERE MORE CHRISTIAN, Consult his website, www.philipgulley.com for a sample of his writing and to learn more about him. The book is available at amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com for purchase.